1/2 C. Carrot tops
2 C. Leafy Kale
1/2 C. Parmesan cheese, shredded
6–8 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp. Pine nuts or slivered almonds
3 Garlic cloves
Salt & pepper to taste
4–6 medium/large yukon gold potatoes
1. Wash and chop potatoes into bite sized pieces. Place on a prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Roast in 425 oven for 20-30 minutes until golden and tender, flipping halfway thru.
2. Remove stems from carrot tops and set aside. Then remove stems and veins from kale. Roughly chopping kale.
3. In a blender or food processor place nuts, garlic, carrot tops and chopped kale. Pulse until it is until minced.
4. Add parmesan cheese and 6 Tbsp. olive oil and blend until incorporated. Add additional olive oil to desired thickness. It should be on the thicker side but spreadable consistency.
5. Lightly toss the pesto to your likely with the roasted potatoes and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese and serve.
6. Freeze extra pesto for next time.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Potatoes, Side Dish, Vegetable, Pesto