2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
6 Tbsp chilled butter
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup of dried cranberries, blueberries or apricots
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl combine together all the dry ingredients.
2. Cut butter into small chunks and add to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry blender or your fingers to combine, until it becomes small clumps or bead like.
3. Add vanilla extract, egg and milk slowly combining together. You can do this by hand or with a spoon.
4. Add fruit and chips and mix together until it forms a dough that sticks to itself by kneading gently on a lightly floured surface. Use only as much flour as necessary to make it unsticky to the surface.
4. Pat or roll out to about 1 1/2 inch thick circle. Cut into 10-12 circles with a knife of pizza cutter.
5. Bake on parchment paper or silicone baking mat for 12 minutes at 425. The key to keeping them extra soft is to pull them out of the oven when you see the first hint of golden. Don’t over bake. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven