Easy vegetarian southwest breakfast tacos. Ready in 20 minutes or less. Perfect for a weekday breakfast, packed with veggies and protein.
1/4 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup frozen corn
4 large eggs
2 cups spinach chopped
1 clove garlic minced
Salt and pepper to taste
8 small taco sized tortillas
Salsa ( i loved TJ’s salsa verde or a fresh pico de gallo)
1. Begin by preparing your veggies, chopping spinach, peppers, onions, and mincing onions. Set aside.
2. In a medium nonstick skillet, over medium heat add 1 tbsp. olive oil or butter and sauté peppers, onions, corn and garlic about 3 minutes. I like to stir mine minimally to get a bit of a char on the veggies.
3. add spinach to pan and sauté until wilted. About 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
4. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk. Pour into skillet and scramble until cooked thru. Add veggies back to the pan and still until combined. Remove from heat.
5. Warm tortillas if desired, spoon mixture onto tortilla shells and top with avocado, salsa, cheese and cilantro.
- Prep Time: 5-6
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
Keywords: eggs, taco, peppers, onions, avocado, southwest, breakfast